Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

After a good crit session I have lots of ideas to work with. Everyone was really helpful and gave me some great feedback.

The quote I am looking at is "A mark indicating position, connection or boundaries". Originally, my research area did not really work that well with this quote but now I feel it works quite well. I will be looking at natural, organic marks like the lines of finger prints and the lines which form the grain of wood.

I then looked at more dictated marks, like man made marks. The kind of marks that we use to communicate with. I looked at some line artists such as Ben Nicholson, who created lines from layering shapes as well as creating conventional paintings and drawings.

The focus of my work will be on the connection between natural and man made lines, and if and how they have any relationship. I think this will be quite an exciting project which I can add to week on week.

(0) Comments