Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

My first impressions on seeing this on the timetable was not good. I thought it would be some crappy little session and by the end we would not have a book that looked like a book, if you know what I mean. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Roger down at the print rooms is a top bloke and he knows a lot about bookbinding.

It took me more or less half a day to make a proper hard back book and the result was not that bad at all for a first attempt. It was pretty straight forward but the best books are bound when you get your measurements right. It was a bit to take in at first but I found my way and got the gist of it.

These are a couple of photos of the book at the half way point. I'd sewn my pages together and stuck the hessian stripes to the spine, and I had also added my coloured paper. After this, it was just a matter of cutting out the hardboard and gluing the vinyl cover before gluing the whole lot together.

The end result was awesome for a first go.

(0) Comments