Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Seen as I am studying typography at the moment, I thought it would be a good idea to look at the work of some typographers. It's good to see famous pieces such as the ones by Neville Brody and David Carson but I also like a lot of contemporary designs by lesser known typographers. The Bauhaus era was something I can relate too also, as I like simplicity.

The piece featured is by David Carson and holds a key message. Many times I have looked at a piece of work and thought the font was too small or unreadable. I just think that this piece shows thinking outside the box. The negative space around the big mess of type in the middle adds to the effect. Amongst this work I also like the Carson did for Ray Gun Magazine.


Phillipe Apeloig is a modern typographer who I admire. I was pointed in the direction of his work last week, and I just like the style of the fonts. To me, they seem inspired by early video game graphics. They may not work on a piece of modern design but the font types he has created just as good alone. The retro look appeals to me, even though I do not think I would work with font types such as these.


(0) Comments